Download for TL-WA850RE
- Product Overview
-  Q/A of TP-Link Range Extender products
-  How to use my Range Extender properly after successful configuration?
-  How to log into the Web GUI of my Range Extender via IP address or domain name?
-  How to set up Mac Filtering on router to control the devices connected to the Range Extender?
-  How to configure my Range Extender via WPS button to extend an existing wireless network’s coverage?
-  Why is my main router’s wireless password changed after using WPS to setup the Range Extender?
-  My Range Extender won’t connect to my apple Router after pressing the WPS
-  How to Upgrade TP-Link Wireless Access Point/Range Extender?
-  How to configure my range extender via Web GUI to extend an existing wireless network’s coverage?
-  What should I do if my computer is connected to the TL-WA850RE but can't connect to the Internet?
-  Why can't I login to the web management utility of range extender?
-  How to upgrade the firmware of the TL-WA850RE?
-  What can I do if my client can’t roam between my wireless router and TP-Link AP & Range Extender product?
-  How to efficiently improve success rate of WPS?
-  PC cannot open any website when TL-WA850RE connects to BT Home Hub4/5
-  Why I cannot access range extender by using the domain name
-  How to improve my wireless speed or range?
-  Why cannot I connect to the secured wireless network?
-  How do I log into the Web-based Interface of Wireless Access Point or Extender(case 2)?
-  How to hard reset TP-Link wireless access points, extenders to factory defaults
-  How do I configure TL-WA501G, TL-WA5110G, TL-WA500G, TL-WA601G to Point to Point Bridge mode?
-  How do I log into the Web-based Interface of Wireless Access Point or Extender(case 1)?
-  Why & How do I change the IP address of wireless Access Point & Extender?
Please note: The products of TP-LINK partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-LINK products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-LINK software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. （Normally V1.x=V1）
- Do NOT turn off the power during upgrade.
- Do NOT upgrade the firmware through wireless connection unless the device only has wireless connection;
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before upgrade.
Modifications and Bug Fixes
For TL-WA850RE(UK&EU) V1.0 only, not applicable for other version.
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link does not provide technical support and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will1 void the product's warranty.